Friday, January 09, 2015

Ugly duckling 2

Here is another ugly ducling. I don't know anymore how I dyed this piece of fabric, but it did not turn out great:


After I sodasoaked it, I crunched it and placed it in this jar, it is in the middle. I placed ice cubes on it and a couple of teaspoons of rosebud procion dye powder.



This is how it came out. The colors are wonderful now, don't you think?


Although it had greatly improved, I wanted to make it even better. With loofah slices as stamp I started stamping using burgundy Lumiere textile paint.


And a second layer using a bigger slice of loofah and gold nugget metallic Bella paint with this as result:
 

Isn't it gorgeous?



3 comments:

Beth said...

It really is gorgeous!!

The Idaho Beauty said...

Loofah slices? Brilliant!

Unknown said...

A beauty!!!