Friday, October 10, 2014

dyeing

I use a lot of green fabric in my work and my stash was getting low. Time to schedule a dyeing day. Besides a gradation and some parfait I also dyed these 2 fabrics:


This was done while the fabric was folding lenghtwise and then a cotton thread was tied around it. The pattern is very subtle.


And for this one I tied kumihimo bobbins and buttons in the fabric before I poored the dye powder over it and topped it with ice cubes. I took this picture during the melting:

For both pieces of fabric I used deep navy and golden yellow. And as it is Friday I am linking this post to Nina-Marie's Off the Wall Friday.

2 comments:

Hilary Florence said...

The first piece is so beautiful. That is a wonderful piece of dyeing and you must be very pleased with the effect you have achieved here. My difficulty with a piece of good dyeing is that I don't want to cut into it and don't know what to do with it. I will be very interested to see what this turns into!

Unknown said...

Hallo Wil,
Wat zijn je stukken mooi geworden. Leuk om ze zo te zien op Internet. Dat moet ik ook eens proberen. Ik denk met veel plezier terug aan vorige week zaterdag. Fijn weekend

Maria