Sunday, January 26, 2014

Within the Circle

Here is another circle quilt. For Stitched I have to make 4 quilts with this theme by the end of the year, but I am having so much fun that this is number 3 :-).

Most black fabrics discharge to a light brown/yellow when you use bleach, but now and than you find a fabric which discharges to white. This is one of those. I bought it a couple of years ago from Whaleys-Bradford. It is their H200 cotton black (lawn).
For the quilting I used a red thread. After that I stitched the circles on it. The circles are made from commercial felt. I was not happy how the stitching lines on the felt looked, so I covered them with a blanket stitch using a red pearl cotton. Size is 12"x24" (30x60 cm). Title of this one is 'Within the Circle'.

2 comments:

Artes Ideias e Dicas said...

Very naice!!

Kiss from Portugal.

Margaret said...

Oh, I like this very much indeed! Then again, I am partial to both B&W&R, and to circles, and wool stitched down with blanket stitch. A winner all the way 'round in my books!