Tuesday, November 05, 2013

Birches


This year I am making a lot of quilts with the theme trees. There are so many ways of using this theme and creating something with it. This time I focussed on birch trees. As background I used a multi layered piece of fabric. Using my own photos and some ideas I found on Google I created a line drawing which I enlarged to the size I needed. This quilt is one for Voyage and the size this year is 12"x17". The enlargement I copied onto freezer paper and ironed this on top of the fabric. With paintstiks I colored the areas of the fabric which were not covered with the paper. After it had cured I stitched only the background area. And this is how it looks:
Okay I admit I should have ironed it before I took the picture :-).

4 comments:

Margaret said...

Love it! (Then again, you know how fond I am of trees...) About ironing? Not so much. The texture of the trees came through really well in the photo. Birch bark can ripple and curl, and I like the effect you achieved.

Carmina said...

Wonderful work....I also love the "trees" idea.
Carmina
Romania

The Idaho Beauty said...

A woman after my own heart. I love working with tree images and birches in particular. Really like what you've done here. I did something similar a long time ago transferring my design to freezer paper and creating a stencil, then discharging the exposed black fabric with bleach to create the birches. Such a great method - I may have to try it again only with paint stiks.

hexa said...

As one of the best web design Trivandrum firm, we focus on customer satisfaction different css frameworks and customer support. We value our customers time and strive in delivering their projects as soon as possible.