Friday, September 13, 2013

New quilt started

This is the background for my new quilt for Voyage. For a number of years I was a member of an online dyeing group in which we swapped samples of color wheel dyeing. Because of this swapping I literally have thousands of 2,5"x2,5" square pieces of fabric. I don not need these samples anymore for color references so I am using them - slowly by slowly - in projects. This top is made from roughly 270 strips of fabric, in total 90 different colors. As it is for Voyage, the size is only 12"x17". After I took this picture I quilted it so my next step will be adding the applique.
I am linking this post to Nina-Marie's Off the Wall Friday's.

6 comments:

Anonymous said...

mooie kleurtjes!

Margaret said...

I'm intrigued, Wil -- it's such a colourful background.

Norma Schlager said...

As Margaret said, this will make a wonderful background. Can't wait to see what you use it for.

Linda A. Miller said...

Love it as it is! The colors sparkle. Waiting to see what you do with it.

rothequilter said...

Looks great Wil. Rosemaryh

Regina B Dunn said...

I love the background. Since the pieces are hand dyed and mottled, they do glitter. Looking forward to seeing what you put on it.