Friday, July 26, 2013

Zebra

In case you have been reading my blog for a couple of years, you know that I have made a zebra quilt before. To be completely correct, a quilt of a zebra buttThis year my theme for Free Spirits is lines so to make another zebra quilt was just impossible :-). This time it shows a bit more of the zebra than just his butt. Background is white silk noir with black commercial fabric. The 3 small 'windows' are photo's of zebra's printed on silk organza. If I had the quilt upstairs here in my studio I could measure it, but it is downstairs so I will add the size later to this blog post. To give you an idea, the 2 'windows' are 6"x6". And I just measured the quilt. Size is 25"x41".
I am linking this post to Nina-Marie's Off the Wall Friday.

9 comments:

Nina Marie said...

I love the graphic nature of this with the spot of red for accent!

soulbrush said...

Of course I always love your zebras- any parts of them.

Linda A. Miller said...

Very dynamic...the red highlighted boxes add an intriguing balance! Love black and white imagery.

Anonymous said...

Nice, Wil!

Ineke said...

Mooi!!

Unknown said...

Wat mooi. Prachtig dat rood erbij!

Norma Schlager said...

Wonderful movement and contrast. Very cool!

Cathy Perlmutter said...

Quite interesting juxtaposition!

Margaret Cooter said...

mmm, nice! The red "windows" work really well...