Monday, May 20, 2013

Zooming in

This painting is done by a friend of mine Joss Rossiter. I love her work and can proudly say that I am the owner of several of her pieces. This painting has been sold but there are more in her Etsy-shop. She graciously gave my permission to use this painting as an inspiration source for my recent Katie PM's class.
For this class I had to pick an inspirational photo and zoom in onto a detail. I picked a part of a skirt as detail and turned it 90 degrees. Using only black to white handdyed and commercial fabric this is the quilt I created out of it:
It was so much fun working on this piece and I love the result. No doubt I will be using this technique of zooming in more often in the future.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

ooooo I like this! Great concept!

Ineke said...

Het schilderij is ook al zo mooi.

Margaret said...

I learned a similar technique from Anna Hergert; it helps me with some of my miniatures. Love what you've done with that B&W piece, Wil; not just the zooming in but the rotation, too!

Judy Rys said...

Great way to create an abstraction. Love the outcome.