Friday, February 08, 2013

feathers continued

Work on the feather quilt is going well. I have outlined the feathers as you can see on this picture of the fabric at the back. By simply outlining the shape the feathers will show up at their best.
When this was done there were still some open spaces on the quilt. Some additional quilting was needed. To stay within the theme I decided to quilt the words of the title of the quilt in these open spaces. Using Words I found a font which I liked. Here you see how the word 'feather' looks like. The title of this quilt will be 'Birds of a feather'.
I am linking this with Nina-Marie and her Off the Wall Friday Blog.

7 comments:

MulticoloredPieces said...

I stopped by from Nina Marie's. I really like your quilting--free and interesting.
best, nadia

Kit Lang said...

Your FMQ is cool. :)

Sylvia said...

I love this quilting!

quilthexle said...

LOVE your quilting - it looks great !

Glen QuiltSwissy said...

i looked through some of your past posts, your work is incredible!

Nina Marie said...

ohhhh this is coming along great - I think feathers are so interesting!

jeanne hewell-chambers said...

wow. beautiful, light and airy, yet anchored in detail. nice. very nice.