Thursday, October 04, 2012

Compositions

Making these compositions is addictive :-). Here are my two latest additions:

Both of them are different than the black/white ones I showed earlier. Not only are they in color, but I changed the size of the big circle and some of the shapes are now overlapping. In stead of commercial fabrics this time I used hand dyed/painted only. The background of the top one is a confetti / ice cubed dyed piece of which I was not really happy with, but in combination with the very dark red fabric it comes out well. I do not remember anymore how the fabrics for the second one were made as I picked these out of my stash. Again size of these quilts is 12"x12".

3 comments:

Ineke said...

Hier kun je nog veel verschillende van maken.

Margaret said...

Lovin' the colour versions too, Wil. The red one is rather...planetary (as in Mars, 'the red planet'). :-)

Art by Rhoda Forbes said...

These are both just fantastic compositions, you inspire me.