Tuesday, September 18, 2012

new classes

Lately I have not been very creative and the best way for me to get out of a situation like that is to take an on line class. Actually I started with two different ones. The first one is one given by Pamela Allen. Yes, I have taken more classes of her, guess I am addicted :-). For the first lesson we had to focus on a painting and rework this into fabric. I decided to work with a detail of David Hockney's  Garrowby Hill. My version turned out like this:
 The next step was to use the same colors and create a different scene. I added some extra colors and it turned out into these giraffs:
At the moment the pieces are hold together by glue stick only. Stitching will follow later. Both have the size of 12"x12".
This month's theme for Sky is Road Maps and I think that I will use the first one for this challenge.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Fun work!