Friday, August 03, 2012

pounded fabric

Creating pounded fabric is something I don't do often enough. Why I cannot really say, as I love the result and besides that it is a very easy technique. Any left over paint can be used for it. Just dilute it with water and use a bristle brush to apply this to the wet scrunched fabric. Place the fabric into a plastic bag before you start doing this, otherwise it will become messy. The hardest part comes next: leave the bag alone in a warm place for a week or longer. During this time the paint will creep up into the folds and create this gorgeous effect:

2 comments:

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Hi Wil,
Love this effect on the fabric.
I also loved the gun powder technique but don't think, I will try it. :(
Hugs

7toursbd said...

lovely noted, will flow you.