Sunday, April 08, 2012

windmills

Without windmills half of the Netherlands would be cover by sea. The area where I live is around 13 feet below sealevel. Windmills are not only used to control the water level, they were also used for sawing wood, grinding wheat and other tasks. Nowadays the modern windmills are used mainly for energy. In honor of these windmills I made this quilt. Background is a split nine patch, the windmills are printed onto Lutrador and the modern windmill is made from felt. My idea was to use this quiltlet as one for the Voyage group, only I made the s****d mistake of making the quilt in the wrong size. It should have been 10"x20" and this quilt is 12"x20".
Not that I have anything else to do in my freetime, but it looks like I have to make something like this one more time :-(.

2 comments:

meta said...

A very Dutch quilt, the colours and the subject. LIke 'Delft Blue'!

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Hi Wil,
I am back!
I love this quilt and what it stands for!
Hugs