Sunday, April 22, 2012

Inspired by .... Vincent

A couple of weeks ago I showed the beginning of my quilt for the Sky is the Limit group. At that time nobody guessed correctly who the painter was which inspired me. I continued working on the quilt, removed the tape, added the quilting and the binding till it looked like this:

Still no clue? The next picture should give you the answer:
My inspiration was Vincent van Gogh and especially his painting of irises. I printed on transparency sheets, cut them in strips, removed half of them and painted the areas in between the strips with textile paints. Added some of the strips with eyelets and now it becomes recgnisable :-). The pictures are not the best. In reality the quilt is square (12"x12").

3 comments:

Norma Soulet (AZArtist) said...

Hi Wil,
I thought the painted areas were pieces of fabric. Wow nicely done.
Love it.
Hugs

Unknown said...

Well....Vincent van Gogh was my NEXT guess!! Does that count??? LOL!!

FietsPareltjes said...

Wow de stijl van Van Gogh heb je goed te pakken!