Wednesday, February 29, 2012

Voyage

I am a member of Voyage Art Textile, an online group of art quilters which started a couple of months ago. The first year are quilts (size 10"x20") will have the theme: Where am I, Where am I at and Where am I going. This quilt is the first one I made for this group. Inspiration for it came from an - enlarged - fingerprint. As I am a dyer, all the fabrics I used are hand dyed. The background is snowdyed. Most of the time I am working on more then one project, next to having a job, so dividing my time is a must. That is the reason that I fragmented the fingerprint in a couple of squares. After the machine quilting was finished, I added paint to the blue squares. Now I have the problem to find a title for this piece.

2 comments:

meta said...

I often get song lyrics in my head while working, I usually have music on, that's often inspiration for a title.

Art by Rhoda Forbes said...

The background fabric is simply gorgeous and love the little squares. It reminds of me of being free and floating hither and dither...wherever the wind will take me :)