Tuesday, August 31, 2010

finished!!

After months of working my final assessment for the C&G diploma course is finally finished. Here is a picture of the total quilt:
I had to rearrange the living room to find a place to hang this big baby (60"x60"). Not only that I also had to wreck a garden tool to find a hanging device that did not bend down when the full weight of the quilt was hanging on it :-). The quilt consists out of 2 layers: the quilted background with the appliqued poppies. All made from my own handdyed fabric. The seed pods are painted/zapped lutrador with a layer of thin silk paper. They are stitched onto gray tule. Floating in a way in front of the poppies. During the work process I nicknamed this quilt the monster quilt, but the official name is: All beauty will perish. Here are some detail pictures:


11 comments:

Hannie de Beer said...

Een prachtig geheel! De lutrador zaaddozen en de kleurige klaprozen,en dan die mooie en bewerkelijke achtergrond. Magnifiek!

christina said...

Ik had echt niet gezien dat de papaverbollen van lutradur waren. Had de foto al wel vergroot om goed te kunnen zien.

Het is echt heel erg mooi geworden.

Anonymous said...

It is absolutely beautiful.

The Idaho Beauty said...

Amazing...what a triumph!

Dahn said...

Will, your project is stunning. There is so much to look at and when my eye stops in one area, something else catches my attention and I could spend hours looking at this!!! Like I said on our site, I hope you get an A+. :-)

mia said...

Wil je hebt weer iets moois gemaakt, de kleuren combineren mooi je hebt eer van het vele werk.
gr.mia

The Hardy Quilters said...

Well done. I remember the relief when I had finished my final C&G Diploma quilt.

geni said...

Sensational!
Love the Lutradur manipulation.

Diane Perin said...

Your quilt is beautiful! Congratulations on finishing the course, too!

Nia Tilley said...

Congratulations, your quilt is really beautiful. Have you finished your Diploma now?

Jeanne Turner McBrayer said...

You should be very proud of this gorgeous creation! I love it!