Friday, July 09, 2010

journal quilt

A bit late but here is my journal quilt for June. All the fabrics I used are my own handdyed ones. The background started out as a dark blue Kona which got discharged and overdyed. I must admit I have never seen a bird with these colors, but I think it is very pretty :-)
The inspiration came from young birds which have left the nest but are still a bit insecure about their flying capabilities and spend quite some time hiding under plants. Size - as usual - 7"x10". Title: Young bird.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's so cheerful.

Lynn Cohen said...

Lovely bird lovely stitches. love swirls............. pretty quilt.

Art by Rhoda Forbes said...

Love the colors Wil, the little bird looks great! Cheerful piece for sure.

hannie said...

Prachtig Wil. Zo heerlijk zomers!