Wednesday, July 14, 2010

canal houses

Normally I am working at several projects at the same time. Besides my big c&g quilt another project is the canal houses. With a group of friends we all make 10 houses which we will swap so that every participant receives a house from every body. Only the top is made and that one is even not completely quilted and/or embellished. If this would be done the joining together of all the pieces would become very difficult.
This week I worked on 4 houses. Right now they are only fused. Later this week I will stitch the edged of the applique and figure out which embellishments I want to add. Probably I will put these in little ziplock baggies and send them of with the house.
All fabric is handdyed/stamped/discharged, either by me or from a swap. The inserts of the twinhouse - top picture at the right - are cut out of paint/decorating brochures.



1 comment:

Thelma said...

They look great Wil!