Wednesday, December 30, 2009

alphabet

And with today's picture the alphabet has reached it's end. For some characters it was a real challenge to find a technique/material to use. I am happy that my surfacing group came up with this idea and I can say that I will miss this project. It was challenging, but also gave me inspiration. And not to forget I had a blogpost available when I could not show you other projects I was working on :-).
Back to today. For the Z I decided to use my heatgun and zap zome organza. If you don't zapp to close or to long, the fabric starts bubbling and does not - yet - burn into holes. To prevent the fabric from fraying I held the edges briefly through the flame of a candle. Next step was to stitch it to the background fabric. As always size is 4"x6" (10x15 cm).
Next time you see these pictures again, will be when I am putting them all together into a quilt. I will be using a Wordle design for it.

No comments: