Saturday, November 07, 2009

Look what I got

Look what I got!! At the moment they are only a couple of boxes being a nuisance in the middle of the living room, but when they are unpacked and assembled they look like this:
I got a HQ 16 longarm!! (I borrowed this picture from the internet). My house is not big enough to have room for a frame, so I settled for the sit-down model. My studio has no room for it, so the guest room will be my quilting room as well :-). In total 4 boxes with a total weight of 120 lbs which have to be carried up one floor. That is not something I am looking forward to, but the result will be worth it.
This machine has been on my wish list for quite some time and last month when I was in the US I was able to buy it.

6 comments:

Margeeth said...

Spannend!
Zie ik het nu goed en beweeg je hier je quilt onderdoor? En mocht je ooit meer ruimte krijgen, kun je dan eventueel alsnog een frame kopen?

Hannie de Beer said...

Een geweldige aanwinst Wil! Het geheel ziet er toch fraaier en compacter uit,dan de longarms die je bij beurzen en tentoonstellingen ziet?
Ik wens je hiermee,nog heel veel quiltplezier!

mia said...

Wauw ben reuze benieuwd naar een demo van je nieuwe huisvulling.
Wat zal die postbode blij geweest zijn met jouw pakjes. Santa gevoel denk ik toen je de pakketten in je kamer had staan.
Nog bedankt voor de kleuren kaart.

Nia Tilley said...

Aren't you lucky. I look forward to seeing what you can do with it.

Sarah Ann Smith said...

I'm SO JEALOUS!!! That is wonderful Wil... I too am seriously lusting after the HQ16 sit-down! Hope all is well, Cheers, Sarah

Leah said...

that will be a lot of fun!