Saturday, February 07, 2009

snow dyeing



As promised, here are the pictures of my other snow dyed pieces. In reality the colors are a bit paler than the pictures show but I have been told that when I nuke the fabric after the snow has melted the colors will be more intense. Never thought I would say this, but I am hoping for more snow the coming days :-).

For these 1/2 yard pieces I used mulberry and deep purple with some nickel. With 'normal' lwi you can predict the colors you will get, but I have found out that with snow dyeing this is much more a surprise.

4 comments:

Thelma said...

Beautiful fabrics Wil,,you are really into the snow dyeing to want more snow..lol

Judi said...

I love your snowdyed pieces. All we needed was a swap and now you got/had snow. Isn't it fun to snowdye? I'm going to have to start mixing colors to.

Purple Missus said...

I've never heard of snow dyeing Wil. I love the results you got. Very interesting.
Going to have to google now to find out more - and keep my fingers crossed for another heavy snowfall :)

Hannie de Beer said...

Heel goed gelukt Wil. De kleur is prachtig! Voor deze keer mag het weer gaan sneeuwen, zodat jij nog meer mooie lapjes kan verven!