Saturday, December 27, 2008

Gold

The Dutch sistergroup of the Challenge Quilts - De Uitdaging - has at the moment the theme 'gold'. For this challenge I decided to start with a black piece of fabric. I had no specific plans to start with, just followed what the fabric asked for.

The first start was made by cleaning my roller brush on to this fabric :-). For something else I had used antique gold textile paint and there was still some on my plate when I had finished working on that fabric. So after step one the fabric looked like this:

For step two I used my funky spiral templates with gold paintsticks. This is how it looked:

Looking better but not yet complete. I spend some time with a pair of scissors and bondaweb, fused the result to the fabric and ironed gold foil on it.

I think the fabric is now ready to get fused to the batting and backing fabric. For step 4 will be quilting through golden lutrador and zapping this. And of course quilting the other areas as well.

Pictures will follow later.

4 comments:

McIrish Annie said...

YOu are doing some incredible stufF~ I love the challenge quilt. What more could you ask for? creativity after a dry spell. your piece definitely visualizes that thought.

Purple Missus said...

Another wonderful piece Wil - even as it is. Look forward to seeing the finished result.

---nan said...

Great piece, Wil - I'm curious about your spiral plate. Is that something you made? I really like the tile effect it gives.

Suzanne said...

What a wonderful piece you have created, even unfinished!