Tuesday, December 09, 2008

Crunched paper

This fabric I made using crunched paper as a stamp. When you crunch a sheet of (printer)paper you get an irregular surface. Because of this irregularity the paint is not all over the stamp. The irregularity gives a lovely effect and is great for background fabric. I used different greens and blue paint on a limegreen procion mx dyed piece of fabric. I made this fabric for a swap with my surfacing group and right now the fabric is winging it's way across the pond.

3 comments:

The Idaho Beauty said...

What a simple concept, yet what a complex and terrific effect! Envious of the recipient...

Anonymous said...

Een heel mooi resultaat Wil. Het lijkt of je met embossingpoeders hebt gewerkt.Of vergis ik me?

Judy Alexander said...

Great idea. I will have to try this! Thanks.