Thursday, July 03, 2008

nested round robin


Yesterday I was writing a list of the quilt commitments I have for the coming months and I ended up with a total of 8. That is the reason that you will see a range of different quilts as I am working on several at the same time.
This is a picture of the nested round robin we are doing with my dyeing group. Nested in this case means that the top does not leave my house. Every month we get a notice saying the colors which have to be used and the technique. Because of my vacation I still had to do June so I worked on both months tasks today. For the June row we had to use triangles in monochromatic colors while white/grey/black could be added. I had only dyed one medium value colorwheel and as I had no idea what dye powders I had used, I had to change the rules a bit. As color for the row I picked black and I fused random cut triangles on top of it. For July the challenge was to use a twisted ribbon with split complementary colors. I could have chosen to do a traditional twisted ribbon block, but I like to work more freestyle so that was not an option for me. I cut two ribbons out of fabric and fused them on top of the background fabric. On purpose I placed this twisted ribbon in only one corner. Size of the quilt till now is 18"x18".

2 comments:

Internet Guru said...

Nice blog!I like it!My nickname is "InternetGuru".Nice to meet you!You did an extraordinary job here!Keep up the good work.
You can check my blog,i think you will like it: www.personalresource.blogspot.com
P.S: Please put my blog on your Favorite Links!Thanks.
Remember: |Day by day,in every way,WE are getting better and better." - Emil Coue

Judi said...

Great nesting robin!