Wednesday, April 09, 2008

this and that

Today pictures of work in progress. The top picture is a part of a white on white quilt I am working on. Background is white dupioni silk on which I have placed a sheet of handmade paper. Because the paper has thick edges, the only quilting I could do on it was in between so I settled for loops, on the silk I did freehand spirals. Next step will be to place a piece of white bark on it and attach it with probably white silk thread. I cannot use my machine for this as it is way to thick.


On my Surfacing group we are starting a complex cloth round robin this month. Yesterday I dyed this fq for it using some left over dyes in blue, red and bright yellow. It will go into the mail to Vicky today so that she can add her layer to it the coming month.

And because I have still spare time I joined Kate's Another Little Quilt Swap If you want to join, there is still space. It involves making a small quilt (between 12"and 20") and send it to your partner before July 1.

No comments: