Tuesday, April 22, 2008

resist


Here are two pictures of the same fabric. The one on the left is how it looked first, dyed with golden yellow. For the second step I applied Elmer's glue on it. For this I used what was probably the wrapping of a box of chocolates, one of those plastic containers with a motif on it. I applied the glue with a foam brush, pressed it lightly on top of the fabric and repositioned it. Let the glue dry for 24 hours. For the final over dyeing I used cayman island green and mixed the dye powder with soda ash water. Because the glue is watersoluble I did not want to use lwi but applied the dye mixture with a foam brush on to the fabric. After batching, washing and rinsing it looks like the picture on the right.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow, that turned aut really nice.
Love the color.