Thursday, December 27, 2007

white


The last couple of days I have been working with white fabric only. The two pictures above are two small quiltlets - each 20cmx20cm (8"x8") - which I made for a show in Germany. The title of the show is 'How Amazing' and they requested to experiment with textile and non-textile materials with a focus on unusual techniques. For the quiltlet on the left I printed a photo of cracked ice on a transparency and added this to the fabric with eyelets. The fabric was first quilted. Additional beads and snowflake charms are added. On the quiltlet on the right I used heated lutrador, hid a cardboard circle under it and quilted it. The show in Germany opens in spring and there are plans for various venues. Both quiltlets are for sale, euro 45,-- each.


These pictures shows even smaller quiltlets, each is 15cmx15cm (6"x6"). I made these for a swap Lenna Andrews is organising. The swap is called 'Shades of White Quilties' and I used all kind of white stuff for it: cotton balls, beads, gauze, paper, decorative yarn, shells, sheers and punchinella.

No comments: