Friday, July 27, 2007

nyb is finished

My nyb is finished! I followed Karen Stone's Cinco de Mayo pattern, but used only black and white commercial fabrics. Each block is 6"x6" and the number of fabric pieces per block is between 80 and 130. I did not calculate the total number of snippets, but it must be more than 4000. For quilting pattern I used a red thread and quilted spiderwebs and grasses on the blocks. The blocks are all handpieced, only for the quilting I used my machine. September 2006 I started working on this quilt and I estimated that it would take me a year to finish. Well I managed that :-)

1 comment:

Corky said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and linking me to yours. I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE this NY Beauty. I've always liked black & white quilts!

I'm enjoying all your other work too.