Sunday, June 10, 2007

Starting


Well, I have entered the world of blogging too. On this blog I will mainly report about my textile art. At the moment I am working on the 8th module of C&G course 7922 given by Linda and Laura Kemshall.

The main item for this module is to design and make a wallhanging inspired by nature. I have chosen to make a triptych with foxgloves. I love this flower, especially the purpurea version. The flowers will be made as inserts on a pieced background. I am not good at drawing, but with some cutting and glueing I created this sketch. Size of the wallhanging will be around 3'x4' (90x120 cm). The drawing has been approved by Linda and I can start working on creating samples.

Fabric for this wallhanging will be handdyed or handpainted. I started dyeing 4 years ago and I love it. Whatever color I want I can create it myself. This is especially convenient as there is no quiltshop in the town where I live and I do not want to travel to Amsterdam every time I need some fabric.



1 comment:

Unknown said...

Beautiful foxgloves, Wil. I love the triptych concept with them. Welcome to the world of blogging!
Kelly (MN-USA_